2020年11月3日 10:33 PM #3703Alma Smithゲスト
The Song of Roland
by Unknown, Dorothy L. Sayers
- Release date: December 30, 1957
- Genres: classics, poetry, fiction, medieval, france, literature, school, epic, mythology
- Awards: Премія «Сковорода» (2004)
- Characters: Roland, Ganelon, Oliver, King Marsile, Blancandrins
- Language: english
- Author: Unknown, Dorothy L. Sayers
- ISBN: 9780140440751 (0140440755)
- Format: paperback, 208 pages
- Places: Pyrenees
- Publisher: Penguin Books
About The Book
On 15 August 778, Charlemagne’s army was returning from a successful expedition against Saracen Spain when its rearguard was ambushed in a remote Pyrenean pass. Out of this skirmish arose a stirring tale of war, which was recorded in the oldest extant epic poem in French. The Song of Roland, written by an unknown poet, tells of Charlemagne’s warrior nephew, Lord of the Breton Marches, who valiantly leads his men into battle against the Saracens, but dies in the massacre, defiant to the end. In majestic verses, the battle becomes a symbolic struggle between Christianity and Islam, while Roland’s last stand is the ultimate expression of honour and feudal values of twelfth-century France.
Hardcover ebook The Song of Roland by Unknown read for PC on Audible. PDF book The Song of Roland download. MOBI The Song of Roland Unknown buy on Android on IndieBound. TXT The Song of Roland.