2020年11月7日 1:17 PM #4501Jewel Williamsゲスト
The Fact of a Body
A Murder and a Memoir
by Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 326 pages
- Release date: May 16, 2017
- Publisher: Flatiron Books
- Awards: Lambda Literary Award for Lesbian Memoir/Biography (2018), Prix des libraires du Québec for Roman-Nouvelles-Récit (2020), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Memoir & Autobiography (2017), Gordon Burn Prize Nominee for Longlist (2017), Reading Women Award Nominee for Nonfiction (2017)
- Author: Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich
- Genres: memoir, crime, mystery, biography, autobiography, adult
- ISBN: 9781250080547 (1250080541)
About The Book
Before Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich begins a summer job at a law firm in Louisiana, working to help defend men accused of murder, she thinks her position is clear. The child of two lawyers, she is staunchly anti-death penalty. But the moment convicted murderer Ricky Langley’s face flashes on the screen as she reviews old tapes―the moment she hears him speak of his crimes―she is overcome with the feeling of wanting him to die. Shocked by her reaction, she digs deeper and deeper into the case. Despite their vastly different circumstances, something in his story is unsettlingly, uncannily familiar.
Crime, even the darkest and most unsayable acts, can happen to any one of us. As Alexandria pores over the facts of the murder, she finds herself thrust into the complicated narrative of Ricky’s childhood. And by examining the details of Ricky’s case, she is forced to face her own story, to unearth long-buried family secrets, and reckon with a past that colors her view of Ricky’s crime.
But another surprise awaits: She wasn’t the only one who saw her life in Ricky’s.
An intellectual and emotional thriller that is also a different kind of murder mystery, The Fact Of a Body is a book not only about how the story of one crime was constructed―but about how we grapple with our own personal histories. Along the way it tackles questions about the nature of forgiveness, and if a single narrative can ever really contain something as definitive as the truth. This groundbreaking, heart-stopping work, ten years in the making, shows how the law is more personal than we would like to believe―and the truth more complicated, and powerful, than we could ever imagine.
Paperback The Fact of a Body buy cheap on Amazon. MOBI ebook The Fact of a Body by Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich on iPhone. Hardcover book The Fact of a Body download for iPad.